Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Why Bathroom Outlet Is Dead When I Turn Off the Light?

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
ups.com...
When I turn off the light in my bathroom, the GFCI outlet inside the
bathroom will also go dead. This is quite inconvenient because I need
to use that outlet to recharge an electric razor, and two electric
powered tooth brushes. Now, I must leave them outside the bathroom in
order to have them recharged.

The strange thing is that I see the same situation in another bathroom
in my house. I have also see the same thing in my brother-in-law
apartment -- the power of the whole bathroom is off as soon as I turn
off the light.

Why is that? What's the reasoning behind this?

Someone wanted to make sure that curling irons weren't left on to burn the house
down?

If you are lucky, you might be able to re-wire it at the switch to solve the
problem, although I believe the lights are supposed to be on a seperate circuit
from the outlets.

Bob