Posted to alt.home.repair
DonC DonC is offline

Default How tall should outdoor antenna be?

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 25, 9:05?pm, "DonC" wrote:
"CJT" wrote in message

Phisherman wrote:

I had to install a convenient electrical outlet for the DC
transformer. Picks up several stations, but PBS is all I watch.

Interesting. I can get (just) PBS with indoor antenna. I want to
install an antenna to get more channels.

Raymond

I wouldn't spend too much time optimizing for analog.

It's not an analog vs. digital issue. It's more accurately VHF vs. UHF
but
that's not even totally true as some broadcasters apparently will still
be
assigned slots in the VHF band after the 2009 analog shutdown.

After all these years with cable and satellite TV it will be
interesting to see how many homes sprout antennas again.

Most folks I know are dead set against them thinking any antenna even
a dish somehow makes their home ugly....

I kinda doubt the masses will go antenna...........

The "masses" get their channels over cable or satellite so you are certainly
correct. IIRC the cable/satellite crowd is well over 80%.

That said, I have DISH network but still get my locals over a relatively
small directional antenna as DISH doesn't yet offer locals digitally. That
small antenna pulls all my local from 44 miles south of the Tucson
xmitters -- and I get all my sub-channels which I doubt Dish (or Cox) will
carry anytime soon.

When visitors see that what I'm pulling over the air is far better than the
Cox cable feeds, their interest in antennas peaks -- and it's FREE!