Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] marc.britten@gmail.com is offline

Default Union Millwrights

On Oct 23, 9:08 am, "*" wrote:
The last time ol' "Millwright Wrong" brought the subject up, someone
pointed out that that union shops - in general - were much more angry
places to work than non-union shops.

My experience would be the same.

That was me, and since the last time I've had the displeasure of
watching a fairly large factory go union.

It's a slow process once the contract is signed but it's showing,
people who seemed perfectly happy before are now starting to see
"management screwing me" in places that don't make sense.

I always ask my union employees "what would that get me" when they
claim I'm doing some nonsense to screw them. If it doesn't actually
get me anything then why would I take the time to do it?