Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill Joe AutoDrill is offline

Default Doing International Business - Differences in Standards, etc.

The biggest one I find is how the payment is actually to be made. Like in
India, you ship the thing, wait for them to get it, then you send some
copies of the shipping paperwork like bill of lading and customs
declaration to a bank in India, which has held the funds in escrow for
you. Then, the customer has to tell the bank to release the funds. And,
it takes up to 6 months to get paid

For lack of a better way of describing my response... Heck no... (Was
going to say "hell" but I won't type "hell" in a public forum because "hell"
is unprofessional and all.)

We expect 100% pre-payment from anywhere outside the US except Canada...
And returning customers rarely get a 50% deposit clause thrown in. I'm not
waiting for my funding. Let them go find someone else and pay twice the
cost I charge...

If someone wants terms from outside of the US, they had better do one heck
(ibid) of a job of social enginnering on me to make it happen...

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244