Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Teenagers pulling pranks

On 25 Oct, 22:40, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:34:03 -0700, DerbyDad03
wrote:

[snip]

-- Nonsense. The word has a clearly defined and easily understood
meaning: within, or allowed by, law.

That's as useful as saying a "snaxgluff" is the same thing as an
"emwoozle". This could be 100% true, but is still meaningless Defining
an undefined word by reference to another undefined word doesn't
define anything.

Who knows the difference between 'unlawful' and 'illegal'?

It's amazing that some people spend so much time on artificial
constructs such as "unlawful" and "illegal", yet appear to have no
concept of the world they inhabit where things can be "wrong" or
"harmful" (something which is entirely independent of laws).

If I hit you on the head with a brick, it'd hurt. This has nothing to
do with any laws. I won't hit you on the head with a brick because it
does harm. This has nothing to do with any laws.

Mark Lloydhttp://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy

-- Who knows the difference between 'unlawful' and 'illegal'?

- It's amazing that some people spend so much time on artificial
constructs such as "unlawful" and "illegal"...

Did you see my answer to my own question?

unlawful: not lawful
illegal: a sick bird

Please check all groans at the door.