Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default Silicone sealant

"diy-newby" wrote in message ...
Hi guys

One job I hate doing is applying silicone sealant. I ALWAYS end up
covered in the stuff.

My general method for applying is:-

Apply the silicone and smooth off with a wet finger. I usually apply too
much and end up gathering a finger full whilst smoothing.

Anyone have any tips for applying silicone? Reason I ask is, work have
just had a new kitchen and toilets fitted and the silicone on there looks
perfect. Nice straight lines, over over smear and even the corners look
to be at right angles!!! How on earth have they done that?

Well you've answered your own question in part! Don't apply too much is a
good start. Don't assume all can be put right by the magic finger, ie make
the bead as good as you can. The poorer sealant sometimes goes on easier but
it's worth persevering with the better stuff.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)