Posted to alt.home.repair
bdeditch bdeditch is offline

Default Stud extender for thicker insulation

On Oct 25, 5:43 pm, "Dante M. Catoni" wrote:
Does anyone have a solution for adding insulation thicker than the
studs? It's behind a knee wall area in my attic. Google came up with a
few patents on devices but I haven't seen anything for sale. The only
thing I thought of was butting 2x4s against the old ones and nailing
them together. Any better ideas?

Thanks
Dante

That would help. But what do you plan to do after, cover it. Also
where do you live. If you are in a colder area you might want to
conside staggering the second row of 2 X 4's and over lap the
insulation.