Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Again -- Tried running the quincy compressor

Ignoramus20839 wrote:

I put the circuit on slightly bigger breakers and tried again. The
result is that my phase converter (17.5 HP idler capacity) is not big
enough to restart the compressor when PSI reaches 100. I do not suspect
unloaders, based on what I hear when it starts, unloaders do work.

Will the motor take an empty tank up to desired pressure w/o exceeding FLA
rating motor? Is FLA inside your phase converters capacity?

If so, you need to look at unloader system.

Wes