The Natural Philosopher

Default Electric Heaters

Steve Slatcher wrote:

Mary Pegg wrote:

Nick Wagg wrote:

Steve Slatcher wrote:

I am looking for a cheapish (under £50 or so) electric space
heater. My main requirement is that the thermostat should work in
the range 5-12 deg C...

Have you tried a garden centre? Sounds like the sort of range you
might want a greenhouse heater to maintain.

As usual, stating the problem rather than a possible solution
might just get the OP a lot further... and being a nosey bunch,
The Pedantry are going to ask *anyway*.

I basically want to stop something getting too cold

You can if you like add to the requirements that the space I wish to
maintain at the specified temperature is around 6 x 8 x 12 feet, and is
enclosed by brick walls, wooden roof and small single-glazed windows.

ah. The Garden Shed, or thermal equivalent thereof.

Power requirements will be minimal - probably less than 500W. Its the
thermostat that's the problem innit?

Short of rolling your own I can't offhand think of a solution - over to
uk.d-i-y for more practical propsoals

There are any number of shops I know that sell heaters that I would guess
are suitable (including garden centres I think). I nearly lost the will to
live though the last time I tried to get any product information in the
places I know of.

smile.gif

image/gif
x-uuencode