Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How tall should outdoor antenna be?

On Oct 25, 6:56 pm, Phisherman wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:27:43 +0000 (UTC), wrote:
I want to install an outdoor antenna for HDTV reception. I live in a
one story home and I am in Santa Clara, CA. Most of the stations are
in SF which is about 40 miles away.

In general, how tall should outdoor antenna be? Can it be just as high
as the peek of the roof? Or does it need to be 5 feet or more above
the roof? Does home depot sells pole/masts that long?

Thanks.

Raymond

Experiment. That's what I did. I found the best attic location for
my HDTV power antenna--no poles, ladders, and completely out-of-sight.
I had to install a convenient electrical outlet for the DC
transformer. Picks up several stations, but PBS is all I watch.

Also check antennaweb.org