Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CFL outside

On Oct 25, 4:58?pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"Bill Stock" wrote:

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
How well do CFLs hold up in outside lights. I live in central Indiana
and while they probably should withstand the summer with little concern,
how about winter?

We've had them for years in semi enclosed fixtures (supposed to be a no no)
outdoors and they last just fine. They do take a while to light up when it's
minus 30 though.

*I* take awhile to light up when it is minus 30 (g). Thanks for the
reply.

maybe bad luck mine dont last long.

ours is in a pole light on a dusk dawn sensor and timer. timer shuts
light off from midnite till 6 am.

other than those hours it comes on as needed. occasionally in middle
of day during a storm.

replacing at least twice a year.

tried a outdoor CFL it died in 2 months and cost 20 bucks