Posted to alt.home.repair

Default good kitchen floor choice

"J" wrote in message
I had been leaning toward installing laminate flooring in our kitchen, but
a recent incident tells me that this might not be a good choice: Our water
heater resides in a closet that is part of the kitchen and during the
middle of the night, a leak sprung up that flooded the kitchen. How well
would laminate flooring recover from being flooded (or hardwood for that
matter)? With the water heater basically in the same room and our washer is
also in the kitchen, would it be more prudent to choose a different floor
covering?

Thanks.

Most likely, your laminate would be trashed. Ceramic tile, sheet goods
would have fared better. If the flood was bad enough, anything may have
been damaged as water got under seams.