Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Demo Deception?

wrote:

snip of a pro's perspective on expectations of the speed at
which work is done and its relationship to training, acquired
skills and experience.

still turning variations of Nude Dudes for the November/
December turning club President's Challenge.

OK... no one else bit on this... but I do hope we see pics of that -
whatever it is!

Chris Stott and Mark Sfirri (along with a lot of other folks I suspect)
do 2 or 3 axis turnings that evoke/imply/look like a standing human
form - mainly in profile. I'm working with adding a few more axises(?)
to get the front view, and not just the side view, to look more like
the human form - humans not being symetric merely about two
or even three axis.

Kind of fun to play with, not requiring much wood - or time.
In addition to adding two more axis, I'm turning some arms
to stick on the figures - and will cut out some veneer fig leaves
and add one to each figure - so as to not offend anyone's
"sensibilities" (see Ashcroft - Justice Department - statue
of bare breasted Justice ). I suspect that the fig leaf will
be the focus of attention for each of these pieces which
seems to me to be counter productive.

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/T...umanForm1.html

charlie b