Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth FrozenNorth is offline

Default Granite and what you don't know.

Art Greenberg took a can of maroon spray paint on October 25, 2007 05:33 pm
and wrote the following:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:01:03 GMT, Malcolm Hoar wrote:
Nevertheless, I seal it every six months; only takes 20 mins.

My 5+ year-old kitchen has a dark granite (Emerald Pearl, I think)
countertop. No stains. Just a few scratches, and a couple of small chips
on the top at the front edge (guess I should not have had a square edge
treatment put on it).

It hasn't been sealed since new. What should I seal it with?

How long has it been installed? I do mine every three years (they recommend
two), get the sealer kit from a proper granite supplier, (not HD) I get a
four step process, the kit includes cleaners, polishers, sealers and
something else, too lazy to go look. It is tedious, but it beats doing it
every six months.
--
Lits Slut #9