Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kaydon Bearings Ulta slim bearings - cost is prohibitive -Alternative supplier??

Mike Johns wrote:
Hi,

I have a project which I would like to use a Kaydon ultra slim bearing
set up (Bore=approx 75mm crossection width =2.5mm bearing size 1.5mm.)

The price I was quoted for an ultra slim bearing with specs close to
the above is around 500bucks. (to me, thats a !!!!!I) This cost rules
out Kaydon for this part by a long way. I would like to find a source
for around 20bucks if possible. Its a light duty application. Anybody
know of a supplier?

all the best,

Steve

skinny bearings tend to be very expensive