Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dorothy Bradbury Dorothy Bradbury is offline

Default Phases?

No. I just know is scares the sh*t out of me so I stay well away :-)

Sit watching wisps of oil smoke rise from a loop-in
single phase lead-sheathed-oiled-paper service cable.

You sit wondering... nah... just my imagination... sip...
its coffee steaming... no... whereupon two eyeballs are
all that is left hanging momentarily in mid-air as you run.

Neighbours with electric shower, cooker and a welder
all combine with your load to play Diversity Roulette.

Never assume anything about 415V installation, leave it
to lazy electricians who switch off RCBO by shorting N-E
only to find out someone got even lazier with colours.

You would think electricians would figure it out when we
cover the floor with rubber & plastic. Get it wrong and we
just roll you up in it and turn you into CEF counter staff.
--
DB.