DoN. Nichols

Default A different single-point threading question....

In article m,
Ken Sterling Ken Sterling wrote:

[ ... ]

Thanks Harold. Your point is understood and well taken. My question
in my original post, though, kind of reflected on the fact that when I
determined Major Dia, and then Minor Dia, I knew how much the diameter
had to be reduced to get to the Minor Dia. What I couldn't understand
is why, using Guy Lautard's Diameter Reduction Formula (amount of
diameter reduction, divided by the sin(29 degrees)) would not give me
the proper amount of compound infeed.

Is your compound set to 29 degrees? If to some other angle, you
will need to calculate using the sine of whatever angle you are actually
using.

And after all -- the pitch diameter is what really matters.
Hence the measuring over wires.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564