Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Engineered wood Floor

"Griffo" wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in an old Victorian property. The floor is pine boards. I
want to lay an engineered wood floor but there is a dip of about
5-10mm at the foot of the stairs. I have been told that if I don't
nail this area but just leave it, the board will settle over time. Is
that right or should I put some battens down?

The board will not settle over time. It may bend and flex, but it is going
to pop back up just about forever. I'd put a shim of some sort or replace
that one or two boards that dip. 10mm is fairly deep. Bondo may do hte
job.