Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson Brian Henderson is offline

Default Sometimes you just get lucky

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:26:16 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

About 20 years ago I looked out the back window and something was different,
but I couldn't put my finger on just what it was. I went out to find that a
4' diameter willow had broken in the night and fallen in my yard. You can
imagine what a huge crown a tree like that would have. It crushed one
inexpensive chair, but didn't hit anything else. I would have said that
would be impossible to find a way to put a tree that size in my yard without
doing much damage, but it happened by chance. Go figure.

I've got a massive tree in my back yard and maybe 5-6 years ago during
a wind storm, a 30 foot branch came down. It didn't hit anything but
it ended up about a foot from the wall that my wife and I were
sleeping behind at the time. Another couple feet and we would have
had a tree on our bed.