Tony Williams

Default House trips started going..... why?

In article ,
ian nicoll wrote:
One possibility is that on the old set up you were not connected
to the electricty company's earth and now you are.

ATM I can't see this. There are two wires only going
from pole to pole. There used to be two wires coming
into the house, and there are still only two wires
coming into the house, except they are now coaxial.

Small amounts of leakage current from a number of appliance can
trip a 30mA RCD. From memory I think 100mA is recommende/requierd
if covering the whole supply.

Yes this is an all-electric house so the total load
can be high and I have a feeling that multiple RCDs
is where we might end up. No room for that in the
present CU though.

--
Tony Williams. Change "nospam" to "ledelec" to email.