Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Shergold Michael Shergold is offline

Default Problem with Potterton Promax 15 HE boiler. Ignition lockout

Boiler now seems to lock out but only after is has reached it operating
set-point. That is it doesn't lock out if either of the thermostats
(cylinder and room) switch it off first.
The CORGI registered installer/maintainer (it's four years old) has now
replaced the igniter and sensor and both the main control PCB and the
Ignition PCB have been swapped out and so we are pretty sure it is none of
those. I'm wondering if the safety cut-out is operating before the
setpoint is reached.. Perhaps we should start measuring the temperatures.
I guess by closing down all the TRVs we could speed the process up a bit.
He's loath to hang around all day.
Or could the control thermister not be functioning in and allowing the
boiler to overheat. It's currently set to operate at the factory set point
of 82 degrees. If anyone else has had this problem with this boiler I'd
like to hear their solution or suggestions..
Michael