Posted to rec.woodworking
George George is offline

Default Mechanical Aptitude Test and such

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Oct 23, 11:59 am, "Joe AutoDrill" wrote:

Just love those kind of tests. They illustrate, to me, that people
like me, who do well, are people who are cynical enought to anticipate
semantics. The answers fall into two categories:
What do they want?
and
What is right?

Some of these questions fall into the category of:
Have you stopped beating your wife?

Sometimes there is no right answer and the questioner has to be taken
to task.

In any classroom I have ever taught, I would have been murdered by my
students simply becaue the ambiguity of half of those questions.

So:
Has you mother ever caught you masturbating?

See all those hairy palms waving?

The best way I've found to deal with ambiguity is to ask myself "how would I
answer this if I were an idiot?" Works most every time, though sometimes
all are so ridiculous that I have to fall back to option B and go with the
longest answer.

Even works on non-government tests, as my molecular Biology prof learned
when I showed him the longest answer rule on his tests. I let him off with
a six-pack of domestic.