Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Timed Interference?

Ron hath wroth:

Hmmm, I can get 8 hours on a single videotape; what can I get on a DVD
disk? One hour of recordings at most, if I had seen rightly the last
time I was at Target.

http://www.madhousebeyond.com/?mode=docview&view=vhsdvd
Length of video DVD recording mode
Under 1 hour HQ mode (60 minutes)
Around 90 minutes SP mode (120 minutes)
Around 2 hours SP+ mode (150 minutes)
Up to 3 hours LP mode (180 minutes)
Over 3 hours EP mode (240 minutes)
If you have a DL (double layer) DVD burner, double the record times.

Not even comparable... So I think I'll wait
till the new tehnologies catches up with the old. :-)

Well, Blue Ray prices are sloooooowly coming down.

As for the time issue, I don't have a schedule of times, just that the
problem is intermittent from around 6:30 to 10:30 PM, with no problems
before then and none after those hours, but nothing like clockwork.

That's a fairly wide range of time for a 30 min microwave oven run,
but still possible. Good luck.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D