Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch Tom Veatch is offline

Default Mechanical Aptitude Test

On 24 Oct 2007 17:56:40 -0700, wrote:
The other one I missed was the one with the various drive train
components. I knew which way all the gears were spinning but had
trouble with the terminology of the labeling

Agree! And, that makes the test (or at least that question) invalid
for measuring aptitude. Perhaps it would be valid as an exit exam
after a course of instruction in which terminology/jargon was defined,
but not as an entrance exam prior to exposure to the jargon.

(I missed that one, too. So maybe the above is just a little sourness
in the grapes.)

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA