Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner Tom Gardner is offline

Default More is less

"John Husvar" wrote in message
In article ,
"Tom Gardner" wrote:

"john" wrote in message

I heard this on the radio today about a test on monkeys. They had two
stations set up. At the first station the monkey would first get one
cookie and the second time he would get two. The third time he would
get
only one cookie and it would continue to alternate. At the second
station
the monkey first got two cookies and when he came back the second time
he
would get one and this would alternate so he got two cookies the third
time he came back to the station. At each station he would get the same
total number of cookies but after a couple of tries the monkeys would
always go to the station that gave him the single cookie at the first
try
even though he got the same number of cookies from each station for the
same number of trys. This experiment has some very interesting
connotations as far as sales concepts and merchandising.

John

Thanks a lot! Now I have to go to the store and get some cookies.

Why go to the store? Your computer's full of them.

Not Pecan Sandies!