Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Space Above Kitchen Cabinets

In America, a wife's bum is a husband

"AussieRich" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 9, 6:11 am, Jerry wrote:
Any suggestions on what to do with the 11 inch spaces that WILL BE
above newly installed kitchen cabinets, other than let them collect
dust?

Firstly, kitchen low priority. The kitchen is for getting food and
pinching the wifes bum when she is cooking and can't deflect your
advances.

Second, do not store anything up there it will gather dust and look
even worse than an empty space.

Third, start brewing your own beer and store the bottles up there.
This will drive the wife crazy and she will insist that you store your
bottles in the shed/workshop or basement. You will move your bottles
and get to spend some quality time in the shed. Your wife will take
possession of the space above the cupboards and the problem will now
be hers. Job done.

Seriously, cupboards up that high are a waste of time (unless really
really need the space) we have some up high in our kitchen with a
similar gap above. We used to store baskets up there but my wife is
not tall enough to reach them so they just got covered in dust and we
obviously didn't need them so finally ended up throwing them out.

The flourescent lights are not a bad idea, add it to the list of
things to do before you die.

I reckon drywalling it the best option, it may seem a waste of space,
but it will tidy it up nicely and there will be no issues with dust,
hideous plates bought from the back of readers digest or relationship
issues resulting from too much home brewed beer. Plus an extra bonus
with the drywalling job is that you are close to the fridge and may be
able to get the odd bum pinch in while you are doing the job. What
more could a man want, tools, food and sex (well a knock back
anyway).