Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default Cordless Drill Battery vs. H.F. Brands

"Bob F" wrote:

I am guessing that the really cheap units contain really small batteries. i.e.
no real capacity to keep going for a long time. Does anyone have any experience
on this.

Hasn't been my experience with HF battery tools and I've bought a lot of their
stuff lately. Doing my part to support the China trade imbalance.

HF products tend to not be leading edge, so you won't see a lithium powered
Hitachi equivilent.

In my experience, the chucks on their drills aren't quite as good as a quality
brand. They don't guide the bit as well when tightening and loosen up while
using.

Their drill bits are crap. They may be titanium coated at the molecular level,
but they don't clear sawdust while drilling very well. They also don't seem to
be very sharp to begin with. OTOH, you can buy a box of 50 and toss them after
the job when they cost less than $10 on sale.

Their saws are fine. In fact, I really like my 12" compound chop saw.

Grinders and other hand tools are fine. I wouldn't buy production equipment
there, but for household usethey work fine.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars