Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Darmok Darmok is offline

Default Techwood PLR85 Receiver

Hi,

A friend of mine at work has a Techwood PLR85 Home Theater Receiver.
He recently had a party, and had a couple speakers outside, connected
to the receiver (indoors). A sudden rain shower got the speakers (not
the receiver) wet outside, and since then, whenever he tries to power
on the receiver, after the "WELCOME" message scrolls by, a "PROTECT"
message appears on the display. There is a connector to what I
believe is the PA board, and when that connector is disconnected, the
unit powers up without the "PROTECT" message.

Anyone have any kind of information on this unit? I'm trying to help
this guy out, but I'm not familiar with this brand, and have no
schematics.

Tia,

Bill