Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Sometimes you just get lucky

I guess fate smiles on you every now and then.

No kidding.

I bought a small house on Copeland Rd in Sarnia, Ontario back in the
mid-80's.
It had a fabulous 3 car garage and therin was the attraction.
A cheap enough piece of property that I bought it with a personal
cheque.
I built some challenging projects there.

One day, a house adjoining my back-yard, (on Rayburne Street) back-to-
back, exploded.
The explosion was caused by a gas leak finding a pilot light. A new
building was being constructed next door and the excavator ripped the
gas line out from the side of the house.
The occupants of the exploded house NEVER left that house, except THAT
weekend, because their daughter could not make the trip to see her
parents because she was expecting a baby. Her mom and dad decided to
go and surprise her instead. It was the FIRST time in THREE years they
left that house.
That total 'flukishness' reaffirmed my faith in my God in a BIG way.
This God that *I* know has a BIG finger and stirs it in so many lives.
I am NOT a religious freak, but I bow my head often.