Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Sometimes you just get lucky

"Brian Henderson" wrote:

Apparently, this morning one of the sprinklers in the front yard
catastrophically exploded, sending a torrent of water at just the
right angle to flood my shop. When I walked in this afternoon, the
floor was damp (at least the standing water went down the drain) but
it doesn't look like anything else was hit.

Luckily, the project I'm about to finish, a nice custom bookcase for
my oldest daughter, survived because I put it up on sawhorses to

work
on it last night. Had I waited until today like I was thinking of
doing, it would have been toast.

I guess fate smiles on you every now and then.

Better lucky than good any day.

Speaking of lawn sprinklers, it was reported that the lawn sprinklers
came on this morning at a home that had burned to the ground last
night here in SoCal.

lew