Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller Toller is offline

Default Sometimes you just get lucky

"Brian Henderson" wrote in message
Apparently, this morning one of the sprinklers in the front yard
catastrophically exploded, sending a torrent of water at just the
right angle to flood my shop. When I walked in this afternoon, the
floor was damp (at least the standing water went down the drain) but
it doesn't look like anything else was hit.

Luckily, the project I'm about to finish, a nice custom bookcase for
my oldest daughter, survived because I put it up on sawhorses to work
on it last night. Had I waited until today like I was thinking of
doing, it would have been toast.

I guess fate smiles on you every now and then.

About 20 years ago I looked out the back window and something was different,
but I couldn't put my finger on just what it was. I went out to find that a
4' diameter willow had broken in the night and fallen in my yard. You can
imagine what a huge crown a tree like that would have. It crushed one
inexpensive chair, but didn't hit anything else. I would have said that
would be impossible to find a way to put a tree that size in my yard without
doing much damage, but it happened by chance. Go figure.