Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John L. Weatherly John L. Weatherly is offline

Default Smith & Mills shaper side feed

I just got my 25" Smith & Mills shaper up and running. Everything works as
it should. That is, except the side feed. I can't hear/feel the feed
shaft turning at all when under power. Left and right direction selection
lever does nothing. Power traverse is not connected electrically.

I figure there is something I need to do to engage the feed, but I can't
figure it out. Any ideas? I've had this thing sitting in the garage for
years now & I would really like to get it fully operational.

Thanks!
--
John L. Weatherly

please remove XXXs to reply via email