Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field ian field is offline

Default Fuse blown in 18" flat screen..

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 24, 8:17 am, Sam Goldwasser wrote:

I'm not sure of the difference, but the current rating is the same.
If it was blown to bits, doubt your problem was simply a bad fuse.
It sounds like there is a short in the power supply.

Well, the *ah* fuse is a time-delay and the *al* fuse is an instant.
This means that the *al* fuse will very most likely blow at start very
most likely every time.

However "blew ... to bits" is indicative of something more serious
than the wrong fuse. So: find the correct Time Delay fuse and try it
ONCE (1-Time). If it holds, move on with caution. If it blows again,
seek professional help.

If the previous fuse blew to bits I would *definitely not* try just one
more! This could be more likely a S/C bridge rectifier or any suppression
capacitors associated with it as the chopper circuit usually has current
sensing resistors that tend to 'protect the fuse'.