Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default electric chain saw safety

Thus far, the only chainsaw injuries I have had are when the saw is
off, and I am sharpening. A little slip, and a little slice on the
knuckles. I still haven't learned to put my gloves on every time when
sharpening.
robo hippy

On Oct 24, 9:48 am, (Arch) wrote:
Would less power and speed offer a better chance for kickbacks? Even so
and over all, I want to 'believe' that using an electric chainsaw in the
friendly confines is safer, but the difference in serious injuries
caused by a gas or an electric chain saw is probably akin to the
difference between being hit by a Mack truck or a freight train. Much
different, but less difference.

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter