Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Fuse blown in 18" flat screen..

ICT User writes:

Hope I have the right group here..

I have an 18" flat screen monitor which stopped working - I opened it
up and replaced the fuse inside. The fuse in there was a t3.15ah 250v
but the one I got from a local shop was a t3.15al 250v which i didnt
realise until after I had put it in and switched on. It blew the fuse
to bits. Can anyone tell me the difference between the ah and al and
if this would be why it blew instantly or should it still work.

I'm not sure of the difference, but the current rating is the same.
If it was blown to bits, doubt your problem was simply a bad fuse.
It sounds like there is a short in the power supply.