Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim[_2_] Tim[_2_] is offline

Default PEX clamps

It's weird that PEX has been used for so many years and yet hardly no
one even heard of it until about 2 years ago. It's like hose because
that is basically what it is. Hoses are flexible, pipes are solid. I
can not call PEX a pipe, it's not. It's a hose. Like I said, it's
more rigid and appears stronger than a garden hose, but it's still not
pipe. If I had to re-plumb my house right now with copper prices

Just to point out here, that there is a PEX tubing that I believe come in
100' rolls and might be considered hose; AND there are PEX tubing sticks
that come in 20' sticks. One might consider the 20' sticks, a 20' PEX pipe.