Posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default Stainless Hardware Lesson

In article . com,
" wrote:

Retapping won't help, unless you have an oversized tap.

Paul-

I understand there is also a "thread chaser" tap, which might be
slightly oversized. I was thinking about the distorted threads being
cleaned up by re-tapping. Perhaps one of the local hardware stores will
have a 3/8-24 tap, as well as some anti-seize compound.

I contacted New-tronics by E-Mail. They also suggested heating the
female threaded part with a torch. They apparently have encountered the
problem before, but their instruction sheets never mentioned it or the
need for an anti-seize compound.

Also, New-tronics does not sell parts, only complete assemblies!

Fred
K4DII