Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken G. Ken G. is offline

Default LCD screen wont light up

I am able to see the menues and did try the brightness settings . Its
hard to see anything but i did see the bright bar move .
I was the first one to take the screen apart
, their was some of that aluminum tape they like to use in these that
was never touched .
This screen uses 2 very thin bulbs , A set at top & bottom . The rest is
a real thick platic diffuser and a couple thin sheets of stuff in there
too .
The display assembly has enough of a hole at each end of the bulbs to
see them lit when everything is back together .
This set looked used .. finger prints & slight soilage . It has its
original box & all papers . It was a store return situation .

I was given another LCD tv set today , a Zenith 13`` with the exact same
symptom .. real dark screen . I found a blown fuse to the inverter and
fixed it right up .