Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Bought from Discount Machine Shop?

On 2007-10-23, Jon Elson wrote:

Ignoramus12753 wrote:

I bought stuff from them and was at their warehouse. Mostly it works
as described. They are in St Charles, IL. I bought my milling vise
from them and some R8 things.

What? You were 5 miles from me and didn't stop by? I would
have loved to meet you after all the online chats about TIG
welders and such!

I would love to stop by actually.

Well, if you are coming near St. Louis, like if you are driving
55 to I-70 or something, then I'd certainly enjoy your stopping
by. I'm roughly 5 miles from that OTHER St. Charles, the one in
MO. I've been following your many exploits, both engineering
and "auctioneering". Every time I think my basement is full, an
opportunity to get something incredible turns up, and I have to
do a crash triage on all the accumulated goodies to make room.
That happened this spring when I bought my pick and place
machine, and had to get a 5' wide machine through a 3' door.
Hmm, but now I have a door wide enough to fit a car through, if
I should ever decide I wanted to. Like if I went totally nuts
and decided to make an electric or hybrid with a tube-frame or
something. Where would I find the time for such a project, though?

Jon