Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT: Dallas machinist 2, Bad guys 0

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message

snip

=========
GOOD POINTS!!!!

And exactly were the elites [we?] go off the rails on everything
from monitary policy and minimum wage to CCW laws and social
engineering.

We need to update the catch phrase from "show me the money" to
"show me the results," and follow through with "no results" = "no
[more] money."

Since misuse of statistics has been around at least long enough to have
produced a famous quip from Mark Twain, we've been suffering from it for a
long time. It's a shame because it's one of the most useful tools anyone has
ever invented.

One problem is increasing governmental/corporate secrecy and
media censorship. Two examples, the supressed airline safety
survey and the non-news of the Dupont loss [ c. 100+ millions
actual + 100 million$ punative] for the environmental damages
they caused in WV.

I have high hopes for the Internet in the long run, as a medium that will
give us a lot more inside news. I'm losing faith in the mainstream media at
the same time we have all these new resources. If it wasn't just so damned
full of phony and misleading crap, it would be great as it is.

--
Ed Huntress