Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default another board

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
"Joerg" wrote in message

The quality of all those programming environments has IMHO seriously
tanked lately. Problem is, us analog guys can't completely escape it.

They know how to write software but they don't know how to program
computers. (I think I invented a new aphorism there.)

I think you've touched the root cause here. Many programmers no longer
have the foggiest idea about what the hardware does or even what the
typical hardware looks like. For example, they assume that because the
HD capacities per Dollar have grown 1000-fold from 1987 to 2007 that
it'll be ok if their stuff is bloated by a factor of 1000. Seriously,
I've met guys who said that! Unfortunately the seek times and head
movement did not keep up because it's impossible to accelerate stuff
that fast. Ok, the defense guys could do it. Once.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/