Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Joel Koltner Joel Koltner is offline

Default another board

"John Larkin" wrote in message
RS-232 and optionally Ethernet. We wrote a flash upgrade program for
Windows. But our customers may be running Windows, RT Linux, an RTOS,
or a PLC with ladder logic.

Can't all of those run Java?

(Ducking... :-) )

It's probably programmed in Java.

It's actually a 6502-type CPU running code that *emulates* the old 4-bit
Saturn CPUs originally developed for the HP-41 series!

The higher-end (graphing) calculators use ARMs emulating those old CPUs with
varying amounts of native ARM code added for the sake of performance or when
new code had to be written anyway for, e.g., accessing SD cards.

---Joel