Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Thermostat question

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:25:31 -0000, wrote:

I am going to replace the thermostat myself and am considering either
the Honeywell RTH8500 or the TH8110. The RTH8500 is the "retail"
version of the thermostat and the TH8110 is the "professional
version".

These are my personal preferences. All I want in a thermostat is a
very basic no fuss instrument. Just a set point and and ON - OFF. If
I need more heat I turn it up. If I think the furnace is giving more
heat than I need at a particular time I turn it down. Otherwise it is
set at 68 deg F thereabouts, my idea of a comfortable temperature. No
batteries. No program buttons to press multiple times to get to a
long forgotten function. I love it. My house plants thrive in it.