Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default Electrostatic HVAC cleaner with UV?

RickH wrote:
Can anyone recommend an electrostatic cleaning unit for a forced air
HVAC system?

Also I'd like to get one with UV treatment/ionization as well, is
there such a thing?

The original installer did leave a "box with cover" installed where
the cold return enters the air handler, I'm assuming this box is for a
future electrostatic filter installation. Are these boxes a standard
size? Or am I locked into getting a specific electrostatic unit. I
use 16x25 filters so the box is probably 16x25x8 inches and looks like
it will accept some kind of slide-in electrostatic unit.

Thanks

I almost bought this Trane unit with installation of a new oil furnace
last week:
http://www.trane.com/Residential/Cle...anEffects.aspx
We decided against because of $1,200 cost and neither wife or I
suffering allergies. Unit did seem easy to care for as all you do every
few months is wash off course filter and collector honeycomb. If we
decide to ever get one there is room to install between air return and
furnace.

Frank