Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Blocked jets on an Epson tylus color 800

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
N Cook wrote:
Then putting enough ammonia solution to cover to meniscus level, the
black and RGB heads, and very lightly moving a piece of cardboard around
in the ammonia water cleared the blocked RGB jets but no change on the
black. What is the next in line for agressive attacks ? Repeating the
upside down process with a more agressive chemical.? Putting an old
ex-HD (Winchester size) air filter in ducted exhaust from a domestic
vacuum cleaner and blowing backwards ?

I did a 600 which was blocked solid. Removed the heads and dismantled it.
Soaked it in ammonia for several days. Made up a pressure washer using a
squeezy replacement ink comes in and some tubing. Gently 'forced'
distilled water through each of the heads. Repeated the soaking and
forcing until the holes looked clear under a magnifying glass.

You have to be pretty careful removing and fitting the tubing - the
plastic fittings are pretty delicate.

--
*Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Badly clogged heads are a known problem on Epsons. I had one a couple of
years back that used to drive me up the wall. It would clog up whilst it was
actually printing. The really bad thing about them is that the head cleaning
utility soaks up about a gallon of ink for every colour - not just the one
that's blocked, so if it doesn't clear first go, it starts getting pretty
expensive. Eventually, I gave up on it and went to buy a new HP, like I had
always used in the past. I'm not quite sure how, but I came out of the shop
with another Epson ... It turned out that it was just as bad for head
clogging as the model that I had before, and a few months ago, I drop-kicked
the rotten thing down the road to the local tip, and went and bought an HP
as I should have done in the first place. It has performed faultlessly so
far, exactly as my old HPs did.

Arfa