Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Bridgeport question

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:50:46 -0500, "Rob Fraser"
FraserRacing"AT"RobFraser.Net wrote:

It's pretty snug throughout the entire length of travel but indeed, I do
feel more friction at the beginning of the feed. I'll take a crack the
setscrew. How tight would you recommend I set it?

The wall of the quill is quite thin where the cap threads in, so it
doesn't take much to push it out of round. I think it's strictly a
matter of trial and error. Back off the setscrew and see if it helps,
snug it 'til you feel binding, then back off again until the drag goes
away.

But I think you need to figure out the larger binding problem before
worrying about this.

--
Ned Simmons