Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RMDumse RMDumse is offline

Default Dallas machinist 2, Bad guys 0

On Oct 23, 12:46 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
Yeah, but did you believe your own statement, or was that tongue-in-cheek?

It was more or less, the only data I had to go on. In the rough belief
that the available news stories seem to say NYC has less than 10
minute responses, and that Dallas has much longer responses, and we
assume both cities lie through their teeth, but are equally adept at
their ability to schew the numbers to their advantage: Yes, I believe
my statement.

I am reinforced in this thought by two things.

Apparently NYC reports less.

Actual experience with Dallas says their responses are way way longer
than what NYC claims.

My God. How can you live in a place like that? How about a nice house on the
Jersey Shore? d8-)

I haven't begun to tell you the worst. That's probably the rape victum
my employees rescued from near death. She was naked, unable to speak,
and so beaten, they couldn't tell what race she was. Or maybe it was
the pregnant women shot at the stop light, and both she and her baby
died. Or maybe it was the father carrying his two girls in his arms
walking away from their car when they ran out of gas, and a driver hit
them from behind and threw them from the overpass down onto Chalk Hill
Rd. Probably the only time they visited Chalk Hill Rd. the day they
died on it.

You assume you have to provide for your own protection, so you arm
yourself. You make sure your walls and doors are bullet proof. (Only
armor piercing gets inside the doors these days, and there are only 10
or so rounds per hundreds which have managed to do that. And that's
only in the hallway) You get an active burglar alarm monitoring
company like Sonitrol, and put up their stickers on every door, so
they only shoot at you and don't actually break in. You then you
blossom where you're planted, and enjoy the low rent.

It's really no different from what the first people in Texas did. If
not for people who put up with such things, and refused to run, Texas
would still be Northern Mexico. And may shortly be again.

Well, I used to be on the Virginia shore. I didn't find people thought
like I did there. I left when it occurred to me I was paying tax on my
dogs balls. The license was $5 neutered, and $15 unneutered. So that
was $5 for the dog, and $5 for each ball.

A lawsuit from CA may do what armed gangs could not. Both make as much
legal sense.

Randy