Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Gray Michael Gray is offline

Default model engineers drive me nuts.

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:50:20 +0000, B wrote:

Now that we've learned the "secret" I'd like to know where these guys get
the drawings from to make any kind of engine or model. Were do you look?.

Try
http://www.myhobbystore.com
and go to Model Engineering Plans for a lot
of the Model Engineer plans, steam, i/c, and workshop plans.
or:
http://www.xlistplans.demon.co.uk/
for another 2500 or so plans of all varieties.

Then go to Tee Publishing:
http://www.teepublishing.co.uk/
look at Rare and out-of-print magazines to buy the back issues of the
magazines for often step-by-step guidance on how to build.
From Tee I just purchased a Model Engineer from 1944 and another from
1947 on a Naval Quick Firing Gun that uses an old .22 barrel for the
barrel - days long gone!!

Careful- it's addictive.

Mike