Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Going on holiday

On 2007-10-23 21:55:47 +0100, Owain said:

Andy Hall wrote:
"Janice" said:
Hi I am going on a fortnight's holiday next week and my house will be empty.
Since I live in Scotland there is the likelihood of frost.

In Scotland, I'd be more worried about breakins.

So you missed the "Best Place to Live in the UK" is Edinburgh, with a
crime level one-fifth that of the UK average?

Yes but there's different laws in that part of the country.

There is more to Scotland than a MacAldi shop in Craiglang.

What do other people do?

Live in different parts of the country to Scotland

There are quite a lot of English people in Edinburgh; I think we're the
number 2 immigrants after the Poles.

So what you're trying to tell me is that Hadrian's Wall didn't work any
better than Offa's Dyke........