Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default another board

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:34:07 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

Joel Koltner wrote:
"Joerg" wrote in message
As soon as anybody doing an embedded system says "let's use Java",
fire them.

John
Agreed ;-)

Same goes for .NET.

You guys realize that that sort of "technology" is all over things like
Agilent and Tek scopes, network/spectrum/logic/etc. analyzers, etc. these
days, right? As soon as the marketing guys say, "This has to have a web
interface that can completely control the interface and display its screen
remotely!" while one certainly has many choices besides Java or .Net, at that
point someone who'd suggest, "Let's do it in straight C or assembly!" is the
one who ought to be fired. :-)

Nah, fire the one who suggested building scopes with BordelloVision or
whatever they call all that crap. I own one Windows scope, and I've
been wishing I didn't....nice scope otherwise.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

I'd worry about what happens a few years from now, when a hard (or
flash) drive fails, or the file structure gets corrupt, and you're
faced with doing a full re-install. Did your scope come with a
zero-based full-reinstall CD or equivalent? Do you know where it is?

John